- 7:15 p.m.
- 2nd Monday of each month
- Orange County Government Services Building
208 S. Cameron St.
Hillsborough, NC 27278
Duties & Responsibilities
The Town of Carrboro has two representatives on the Orange County Human Relations Commission. As a member, you will:
- Seek to prevent and eliminate bias and discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance, by means of education, persuasion, conciliation and enforcement, and utilize all of the powers at its disposal to execute the provisions of this title.
- Advise the Board of County Commissioners with respect to matters relating to the Commission's purpose.
- Cooperate with and seek to advise and coordinate the activities of persons or groups interested in the objectives of this title.
- Receive, or on the basis of its own information, initiate, complaints alleging discrimination and conduct such investigations and inquiries as may reasonably appear necessary to find the facts with respect thereto.
- Conduct public meetings and hearings, and gather and disseminate information to governmental agencies and to the public.