- 7:30 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are prepared prior to the meeting, minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda (PDF) | All Agendas and Minutes
The Planning Board consists of 11 members:
- 9 members, appointed by the Town Council, shall reside within the town
- 1 member, appointed by the Orange County Board of Commissioners, shall reside within the town’s extraterritorial planning area
- 1 member, appointed by the Orange County Board of Commissioners, shall reside within the town’s joint planning transition area
Staff support provided by the Planning Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Planning Board:
- Makes studies and recommends to the Town Council plans, goals and objectives relating to the growth, development and redevelopment of the Town and the surrounding extra-territorial planning area
- Develops and recommends to the Board of Aldermen policies, ordinances, administrative procedures and other means for carrying out plans in a coordinated and efficient manner
- Makes recommendations to the Board of Aldermen concerning proposed conditional use permits and proposed zoning map changes
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Town Council
Planning Board Outreach
- Affordable Housing Dialogues