BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 6/18/19
- The Board passed a resolution honoring longtime resident Sam Romweber.
- Mayor Lavelle proclaimed the observance and commemoration of Juneteenth on June 19, 2019 in the Town of Carrboro.
- Mayor Lavelle proclaimed June-August as PLAY BALL SUMMER throughout Carrboro and announced the winners of the “What Baseball/Softball Means to ME” Essay/Poem contest.
- The Board approved the previous meeting minutes from the May 28th and June 4th BOA meetings.
- The Board authorized the Town Manager to award a contract for preliminary engineering for a culvert replacement.
- The Board authorized the Town Manager to award a contract for preliminary engineering for a stream restoration.
- The Board approved the designation of fund balance for FY 2018-19 budget items not yet spent or encumbered.
- The Board approved a request to amend the Rogers Road sidewalk capital improvement project ordinance.
- The Board adopted an ordinance limiting the amount ( $250 per individual) of contributions to candidates.
- The Board approved a resolution appointing Wendy Smith to the Tourism Development Authority.
- The Board appointed Alyson West to the Greenways Commission.
- The Board appointed John Baker and Wil Heflin to the Board if Adjustment.
- The Board authorized the Town Manager to approve a plat recording a water service easement on a town property located between 301 Cates Farm Rd. and 501 Rockgarden Road.
- The Board approved human services funding allocations for the FY 2019-20
- The Board amended Chapter 11 in the town code related to yard waste collection services.
- The Board was updated in the design for the Jones Creek Greenway and scheduled a design input public hearing for September.
- The Board approved to rezone properties in the historic Rogers Road neighborhood. Additional amendments will be brought back to the Board after further community engagement.
- The Board adopted the FY 2019-20 annual budget.
- The Board appointed Rick Barnhouse to the Environmental Advisory Board.
- The Board appointed Yinka Ayankoya to the OWASA Board of Directors.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News