Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at https://www.carrboronc.gov/list.aspx ;
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at Council@carrboronc.gov
The Carrboro Town Council will hold its next Council Meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2023. The agenda is available at https://carrboro.legistar.com/
The Town Council meets at Carrboro Town Hall, 301 W. Main St. Members of the public are welcome to attend in person or can view the livestream YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro).
The Council held a regular meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 24, and took the following actions on the agenda available at bit.ly/40lK0MK
- Passed a resolution recognizing Town Clerk Wesley Barker.
- Passed a resolution honoring Braxton Dunkin Foushee.
- Passed a resolution for Operation Green Light for Veterans.
- Authorized the Town Manager to execute a contract to Triangle Grading & Paving to modify the three sections of the center median on Jones Ferry Road and to adopt a project ordinance.
- Approved a change to the Bike Loop Detector Project to increase funding so the project can advance to bidding for construction.
- Approved a clarification on the intent not to develop the designated greenspace of the Westwood Cemetery.
- Approved a request for an extension of the date when a Special Use Permit-A would otherwise expire for Lloyd Farm, Phase 1.
- Held a public hearing to consider a text amendment to the Land Use Ordinance regarding residential density in Planned Unity Developments (PUDs) and adopted the amended ordinance.
- Held a public hearing to consider text amendments to the Land Use Ordinance that would modify residential parking requirements and adopted the amended ordinance.
- Held closed sessions in compliance with NC General Statutes 143-318.11(A)(3) and 143-318.11(A)(6).
Watch the meeting at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZo6iVN9l-A ;
The Town Council, which is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, comprises Mayor Damon Seils, Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine, Council Member Barbara Foushee, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Danny Nowell, Council Member Eliazar Posada, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at https://www.carrboronc.gov/248/Town-Council